Why this happens:
After you have run a Blackboard test or an OLAF exam that is automatically marked, the students’ grades appear in the grade centre as soon as they press the ‘Save and Submit’ button at the end of the test. If a student forgets to press the button, instead of their grade in the grade centre you will see an ‘attempt in progress’ icon of a blue clock. An example of this is shown below:
To override this you can submit the attempt on behalf of the student.
To submit a test attempt on behalf of a student:
1. Hover your mouse over the grade centre cell with the attempt in progress icon, and click on the dropdown arrow. Click on ‘Attempt’, as shown below:
2. The student’s attempt will open. Click on the arrow at the right of the ‘Test Information’ bar to expand it.
3. The Status will show ‘In Progress’. Click on the ‘Submit Attempt’ button, circled in the example below:
4. A popup will appear asking you to confirm that you want to submit the attempt on behalf of the student. Click OK.
5. The Status will now show ‘Completed’. Either click ‘Exit’ to return to the grade centre, or use the left and right arrows on either side of the student’s name near the top of the screen to scroll to the next student’s attempt.