The survey, open from today until 16 June, gives students a great opportunity to highlight what works at Newcastle and what doesn’t.
All eligible students that submit a completed PTES survey are entered automatically in a prize draw to win one of the following prizes: a 9.7-inch iPad Pro; an iPad mini 4 (2 available); or a £20 Amazon gift card (20 available).
Eligible students include all full-time and most part-time UK, EU, and international PGT students studying a programme of at least 60 credits.
It also allows the University and its staff to make changes and improve postgraduate taught programmes in accordance with the comments.
Students are asked questions on the following topics:
- The experience of teaching and learning, including: staff, learning materials, working with other students, workload, and feeding back on experience;
- Assessment and feedback, including supervisor support for dissertation or major project;
- Organisation and management, including induction and involvement in course decisions;
- Resources and services, including learning resources and overall support;
- Skills development, including independent learning, research skills and career skills;
- Motivation for taking the programme and information provided by the institution to help course choice;
- Demographic details, including on previous education and fluency in English.
Their responses are:
The University uses the You Said, We Did website to provide students feedback on how the University has listened to what they have said when we gather student opinions.
For more information on eligibility and for previous results from the scheme go to the LTDS website.