You can add some instructions to a test to explain how it will be marked, how to enlarge text and how to manipulate image sizes etc.
Note: The instructions appear at the top of each question. Avoid having too much instruction as this will push the questions down the page.
How to add/edit instructions.
Go to the course and the area where the test is deployed. Use the drop-down menu to the right of the test name to Edit the test;
Go to Course Tools under Control Panel, Tests, Test Canvas and click the drop-down to the right of the test name and click Edit).
2. Click the drop-down menu next to the test name at the top of the screen.
3. Scroll down to find the instructions box. Type the instructions and click Submit.
On request, we can randomise the order in which the exam questions appear to students. This can be:
- Completely randomised. Students would see the test in an entirely different order.
- Randomised in sections. For example, there might be a section on Marx followed by a section on Hegel. Students would see the sections in the same order, but questions within each section in a different order
Randomising the test does prohibit certain post exam reporting, particularly the Attempt Statistics report if you randomise in blocks. It also makes checking the exam before it takes place trickier. You might need to allow extra set up time if using this option.
Do not paste directly from Word into Blackboard as it brings additional formatting that the browser is not always able to handle. This can be particularly disruptive in an exam.
- Paste to Notepad first and then paste to Word
- Use the ‘Paste from Word‘ tool. See seperate post on the Blackboard FAQ