We now have a site licence for Respondus. This allows you to:
- Download tests to print (with and without an answer key)
- Convert correctly formatted Word documents to online test format
- Create tests offline
- Deployment to one or multiple courses
- Download tests from publishers signed up to the test bank network
Installing and Activating Respondus
- Get in touch with your computing officer to arrange for installation. They should also provide the required account information and password.
- When you first run Respondus, you will be prompted to enter the information.
- The info you need to get started is
Institution Name: Newcastle University
Local Support Contact(s): Malcolm Creen, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Marc Bennett, e-mail: email@example.com
The installation password (which your IT officer should provide. We cannot publicise it through this blog)
Connecting to a server
The first time you download or upload questions, you will need to set up the connection with the server From the Publish wizard:
- Choose ‘Add new server’
- Select ‘Check for predefined settings‘
- Enter your Blackboard user id and password
- Do not check the box to ‘Test the connection‘ as this does not always work (even when the settings are correct)
If you have any problems, ensure that the box in the settings called ‘Login Page’ says ‘relogin’ rather than login at the end, eg “/webapps/logon/?action=relogin”
Help and Guides
Demonstration Movies – Short demonstration movies are available at: http://www.respondus.com/products/respondus/demos.shtml . A full-length training video is available at http://respondus.com/products/respondus/training.shtml . These are great resources for introducing and training instructors on Respondus 4.0.
Quick Start Guide – A Quick Start Guide for Respondus 4.0 is available for download from www.respondus.com/quickstart . This Quick Start Guide is 3 pages in length and contains the essential information for getting started with Respondus 4.0.
User Guide – If you prefer a printed user guide, go to http://www.respondus.com/products/userguide.shtml . These user guides are provided in MS Word format so that institutions can easily edit/add information that pertains to their institution.
Online Help – Online help is available from within the Respondus 4.0 application. Context-sensitive help is available by pressing the F1 key. Or, go to Help > Help Topics to access the main help system.
Respondus Test Bank Network –The test banks are in a ready-to-use format and can be accessed with Respondus 4.0 for free by instructors who adopt a participating textbook. More information is available at http://www.respondus.com/testbank .