1. Go into the Blackboard module you want to use GradeMark with and using Course Tools> Turnitin Assignments> [your assessment name] to get the list of submitted work.
Open ONE originality report, select the GradeMark view.
At the bottom, on the left hand side you should see a small iPad shaped button, click on this and then Generate Code. You will be given a 16 letter unique code “Access Code”. Note this code is unique to you and only valid for 24 hours. If you log out, take more than 24 hours to use the code or unlink your iPad, you will need to generate a new code.
2. Download the app from the Apple store to your iPad
3. BEFORE opening the Turnitin App –
- Go to the ‘Settings’ on your iPad (looks like an app with a sprocket image).
- Scroll the navigation menu down to ‘Turnitin.’
- Tap the ‘Turnitin’ line.
- Tap the ‘Service’ field
- Tap ‘TurnitinUK’
4. Open the Turnitin app
enter the access code at the login screen
5. Getting to Your Assignments
Once logged in, tap the “Accounts” button in the upper right to view the sidebar (if you are holding the iPad in landscape orientation, the sidebar will already be visible).
- Tap on the account you want to access. This will give you a list of all of your active classes under this account.
- Tap on the Class you want to view. This will give you a list of all the assignments from this class.
- Tap on the assignment you want to view. The main window will update to view the list of students categorized by ungraded, graded, or not submitted and sorted alphabetically.
- Tap on one of the blue cloud-download icons to download and sync papers.
- In the Sync Papers box that appears, you will be prompted to sync all papers for the assignment. Tap the “Sync Papers” button to enable syncing. With this enabled, all papers will download and changes will be synced approximately every 5 minutes.
Once all papers are downloaded you will see the Overall Similarity Scores for each paper. Tap on any student name to view that paper.
6. See here http://turnitin.com/en_us/training/instructor-training/ipad/adding-comments-on-a-paper for information on how to add comments to your student papers