This summer will see the refurbishment of key features of our main Level 2 space as we make it more welcoming, attractive, and efficient for all library users.
Work will be taking place between June and September 2019, during which a temporary service desk will be in place, and the Student Text Collection, exhibition space, book bins, and self-service units will be relocated. Drinks and snacks will still be available from a coffee cart whilst the café is being refurbished.
Library services will continue as normal.
- The PC cluster, Your Space and silent study areas on Levels 3 & 4 of the library will remain accessible.
- Student Text Collection texts and book reservations will be available.
- Inter Library Loan and Research Reserve requests will be processed as normal.
- You will still be able to issue and return items yourself.
- Laptop, headphone, and short-term locker loans will be issued as normal.
However, there will be building work in progress during library opening times and there will be some noisy periods. Free disposable earplugs will be available at the Service Desk.
Alternative study spaces are available in Walton, Law and Marjorie Robinson Library Rooms, and you can use the Find a PC on the University app to locate alternative cluster PC’s and check availability.
Building a better library experience
The modernised Level 2 space includes these new features:
- a redesigned ‘Welcome’ point and ‘Library Help’ desk.
- a reconfigured social learning space
- an automated book returns sorter and new self-issue machines
- a relocated exhibition space
- a fully refurbished cafe
The works are due to begin week commencing 17th June. If you have any queries please speak to a member of Customer Services staff at the Service Desk or via Library Help.