The Library has trial access to Bloomsbury Popular Music until June 30th 2020 (access just extended for another month!) This wide-ranging resource comprises:
- All volumes of the landmark reference work, Bloomsbury Encyclopedia of Popular Music of the World.
- All 130 short books in the 33 1/3 series, focusing on significant LPs from a wide range of genres and eras.
- A selection of other scholarly ebooks on popular music published by Bloomsbury, including biographies and historical overviews.
- Interactive features, including a pop music timeline and map.
- Biographies of hundreds of artists.
You can search or browse it in various ways, such as by artist, genre or location. Watch the short trailer for an overview. As always, your feedback will be very welcome: you can either email it, or leave a comment on this blogpost.
To access the resource, click on Log In at the top right hand of the screen, then select the Shibboleth Login Page > Newcastle University, and log in as usual.