We now have access to platform called Statista.
An extensive statistics platform covering over 1.5 million data sets (and adding an additional 500 each day) with revenue forecasts from 2015 to 2022 on over 400 industries.
Data is collected from over 22,500 sources covering over 75,000 different topics.
The platform can broken down into different elements including:
Statistics : where you can choose your industry e.g. Consumer goods, Retail & Trade.
Reports : This section is very comprehensive and you can select :
- Dossiers which are a quick quantitative overview of a topic. These are in house reports which contain the most recent and relevant statistics concerning a single subject. You can export these in PowerPoint or PDF format.
- Outlook Reports which are trend forecasts
- Surveys which are market insights from an expert and consumer perspective
- Toplists which are company ranking for sales and analysis
- Market studies
- Industry Reports which are perfect for highlighting key figures for a particular industry sector. These are updated annually and contain textual information as well as numerical data such as turnover and revenue.
- Global Business Cities Reports which are ranking and key statistics on particular cities.
- Brand reports contain insights into the brand itself
- Country reports
- Further studies which are more in-depth reports
Outlooks; these provide information on specific areas and help you identify the potential in those areas. This can include forecasts, detailed market insights and key performance indicators.
- Consumer Market outlook
- Digital Market Outlook
- Mobility Market Outlook
- Country Outlook
- Technology Market Outlook
Statista online help video
This short video from Statista gives a nice overview of the different search functionalities.
Access via https://www.statista.com/ or via the record on Library Search. (If you are accessing on campus, the platform will authenticate using IP address. If you are accessing off campus you will be taken through EzProxy so access should be seamless if you’ve logged in previously using your Campus ID and password).