Innovation….it depends on people, individuals, not just processes….and they’re all called KEN !!

I’ve spent quite a bit of time in the last few weeks thinking through the main messages for my Goldman lecture today.
The innovation topic has so many strands, there are so many important discussions to engage in. After all, this is the subject of change and we all know that change is difficult, tough to embrace, easy to challenge. Aa Machiavelli said..
“There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.”
Nevertheless, it has to happen ! For wealth creation or social good…. In the end, I’ve decided to share one or two thoughts on those people who really make a difference,
those change agents without whom innovation processes would be pointless.
What are their characteristics? Well, overall, they are all called KEN!
Knowledge
Great innovators have that curiosity that takes them to the boundary, takes them
beyond their comfort zone and into knowledge areas that might, just might, be helpful in their work.