Over the weekend we talked to lots of visitors at the open day. Then on Sunday our prayers were answered. The heavens opened and it rained.
Some water in the soil meant that we could see the archaeology and that the digging was a bit easier.
We worked hard to define and begin to excavate the features. We were rewarded with some tiny pieces of Early to Middle Bronze Age pottery from the ring ditch and some Iron Age pottery from the big ditch.
We made good progress in Week 2. The water bowser that seemed so important to have in the dryness of Week 1 was a bit redundant…
We went into Week 3 feeling pretty happy with what we’d discovered.