First day rambling

My first day working for the Quality in Learning and Teaching unit here at Newcastle, and it’s been packed and informative.

I was lucky to be asked to attend a senior tutors meeting, which was fascinating. ePortfolio was one of the topics on the agenda, but to be honest I found being able to stay for the whole meeting incredibly useful.

Senior tutors are obviously a key group to talk to about the roll out of the system across the whole University and they came up with some fantastic ideas about how we might enhance the system and about how we can creatively bring more sceptical tutors on board with using ePortfolio to support personal tutoring.

Then we went to talk to careers who also came up with some interesting possibilities.

I am pretty pleased (if slightly confused) at how the first day has gone, with a potential 5 contacts from enthusiastic people with possible  ePortfolio pilots to explore further after only one day. Let’s hope the momentum continues with those who may need a bit more convincing.

Everyone has been lovely to me today which is a great way to go into the weekend. Hoping for nice weather in Alnmouth.

2 thoughts on “First day rambling

1. Hi Suzanne,
    I’ve just stumbled across the UoN blog site and who should I find there but you.
    I had no idea you were now with QUILT! Obviously my nose has been too close to the keyboard over the last few weeks.
    Enjoy your new role and best wishes for the future.
    May see you around as I’m involved as a user with Sophie Bretell’s project on surveying and responding to student opinion.
    John