Thank you for thinking of submitting your work with us. We are passionate about publishing new and exciting voices; so if you think you have something to say then we want to hear from you! Please do take a look at the other writers published by us – if we accept you then you will be sitting alongside them. We think they’re pretty amazing. We hope you agree!
Submissions are open to all. You don’t have to be a Newcastle University student, or even a student. We’d like to hear from as many different people as possible, and by opening it up to the public we hope to achieve this. Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis.
Please send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a short bio of up to 100 words in the body of the email.
Please attach your submissions as a word document, or, if that is not possible, as a PDF. We accept:
- Poetry – up to 4 poems, 40 lines maximum.
- Prose (including creative non-fiction) – up to 3,000 words. Longer works may be published in multiple installments.
- Scripts – an extract of up to 10 pages.
- Essays – up to 2,000 words.
- Visual art – up to 4 images, and in a size and format that is suitable for online publication.
We do accept previously published work, however it is up to you to make sure that you are allowed to have it published by us.