6. We’ve been testing it for years and it works!
The Windows Infrastructure Team and some others within ISS have been testing Windows Vista since it’s Beta stages over 2 years ago and now use it day to day as their main operating system. More importantly it works with all of the core software including Microsoft Office, SAP, Adobe Products, Apple Products and VMWare to name but a few. Vista was designed to be compatible with applications written for XP. Thats said, if you have applications that you know do not work with Vista then now is the time to start working with ISS ASSD and the developers to find solutions.
7. Built-in Undelete
Have you ever accidentally saved over a file you were working on? Accidental file deletion or modification is a common cause of data loss. Windows Vista has Shadow Copy enabled by default so you will be able to access ‘previous versions’ on your local machine as well as the network.
8. New and hugely improved administration and deployment tools.
- Better, quicker and more manageable deployment using WDS (no more multiple RIS builds)
- 800 new GPO settings allow for central management of just about any part of the OS.
- Automatic background disk defrag. Vista will automatically begin defragging the hard disks when required.
- Performance and Reliability Monitoring combines the functionality of previous stand-alone tools including Performance Logs and Alerts, Server Performance Advisor, and System Monitor. It provides a graphical interface for customizing Data Collector Sets and Event Trace Sessions.
- You can use Snipping Tool to capture a screen shot, or snip, of any object on your screen, and then annotate, save, or share the image.
9. It looks great and is very pleasing to use!
Whatever else you say about Vista no one can argue that it does not look great! Moving between applications is a far better experience using Windows Flip and Flip 3D. Windows Sidebar is a pane on the side of the desktop where you can keep your gadgets. Gadgets are mini applications with a variety of possible uses. They can connect to web services to deliver business data, weather information, news updates, traffic maps, RSS feeds, provide search boxes, Internet radio and more.
10. If you still need More Reasons…
Offline file support * Increased x64 Bit Support * Photo Gallery * Movie Maker 6 * Media Center Extender * DVD Maker * Fast Sleep and Resume * SideShow * Dynamic Security Protection * Fast Sleep and Resume * Fax Support * Better Wireless Networking * Sync Center * DirectX 10 * Games Explorer * WMP 11 * New Movie Maker * New Windows Update Interface * Up-to-date driver base and better driver handling on installation * Better file navigation * Windows Vista Compatibility Centre * File and registry virtualization * IPv6 * GP Software & Hardware restrictions * Media Sharing * Network and Sharing Centre * Self healing filesyfeature * Network Projector *