Providing Effective Library Services for Research

I have just received my advance copy of the book written by myself, Jo Webb and Pat Gannon-Leary. It’s very exciting to see my name on a real book and a first for me! Now we just have to hope that people find it useful and that you all buy lots of copies! The book cover says “This book will inform and advise all those who work with researchers in libraries, combining practical advice with an exploration of fundamental issues relating to the relationship between research and libraries”. As you can imagine, it’s a riveting read!

http://www.facetshop.co.u…&Category_Code=

4 thoughts on “Providing Effective Library Services for Research

1. This looks great Moira – it would be great to have a copy on each of our Imformation Desks, here at the Robinson Library.
    Regards
    Jackie

2. This looks great Moira – it would be great to have a copy on each of our Information Desks, here at the Robinson Library.
    Regards
    Jackie

3. A comment from an email – from Laurie who isn’t from Newcastle so couldn’t leave one directly:

Good work on it! I think I will buy it, when it’s available, because it certainly speaks to what I do. I like how it takes the perspective of InfoLit for researchers as opposed to students. Now make sure to tell the publisher to release it for North Amn distribution because it’d cost me $126 to buy it here in Canada from Amazon.ca, which is nowhere near the true exchange rate.

Keep up the good work!
    Laurie

lauriethelibrarian.ca