- A zip of the printed instructions that I’ve handed out (this includes some sample files)
- Some Audacity links, a quick screencast and a couple of examples where I’ve put it to use.
- A “How to” on add audio to Blackboard
- Experience tells me that if you are doing anything with sound the quality of the recording is important – here’s a post showing that a decent microphone is a must.
- If you’re sad there was no PhotoStory in this session you can see how to do something similar in Powerpoint or with Movie Maker (but let’s face it Animoto makes short work of this).
The workshop, entitled Sound and Vision in Teaching, will showcase techniques to use video and sound editing software to create short film sequences and audio recordings for teaching.
As well as vast quantities of FREE PIZZA and POP over lunchtime, the event will offer a series of short workshops to show participants how to use Microsoft Mix to put together or mix up words and images, Vine and Animoto to make short animations and Audacity to record short sound clips.
See Animoto in action and learn more about the event:
Participants must register for catering purposes.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Follow these steps to use an Office Mix Placement inside a module in Blackboard:
- Go to the module you’d like to use.
- In the Tools menu, select Office Mix.
- In the Link Name box, type a name.
- Configure any additional settings you’d like.
- Click Submit.
- When you return to the Module, click the item that you just added.
- When the item appears, use one of these methods to select a mix:
- By URL: A simple way to select a mix is to visit the Office Mix website, watch a mix, and copy/paste the URL in the dialog. This method makes it easy to include mixes that have been created by other people.
- My Mixes: Select a mix from your My Mixes page. In order to prevent students from having to sign in to view a mix, only those mixes with permissions set to Unlisted or Public are shown. You can find our how to set these preferences here
- After you have selected a mix, click Yes to confirm that this is the mix you’d like to use.