New Illustrators

We are excited to introduce two new in-house illustrators who are going to work alongside the editorial team and hopefully also on our anthology. Here, they introduce themselves:

India Hibbs

“I’m India Hibbs and I am currently in my third year of Fine Art BA (Hons) at Newcastle University. My art practice is one based on the use of narrative to create paintings, whether this through the literal use of paint or alternative mediums such as video and installation. I have exhibited this work in Newcastle as part of University led shows as well as externally run projects, such as Saga at the Tyneside Cinema School (2017), MASH at Hoochie Coochie (2018) and Bloc at Systems Galley (2018). I have taken an interest in illustration whilst working on commissions for local bands. As well as this I have also become involved in the production of publications which combine image and written work, whilst creating zines for the Baltic Books Fair (2018) and catalogues for group shows within the university. I am very much looking forward to beginning this collaboration with Bridges.”

Amy McCartney

“I’m Amy McCartney. I am a BA (Hons) Fine Art student here at Newcastle University, in my third year on the course. I have recently returned from completing a semester at the Kunstakademie in Münster, Germany. I exhibited work in the academy’s ‘Rundgang’ in January 2019 whilst there. I have also exhibited in ‘MASH’, a group exhibition at Hoochie Coochie in May 2018, as well as in our first-year exhibition ‘Saga’ at the Tyneside Cinema film school, in May 2017, and some in-departmental course exhibitions. I really enjoy drawing and illustrating, an interest which was stimulated during the Visual Communication strand of my Art and Design Foundation Diploma, and have since produced some Illustrative commissions, as well as a book cover design. I am very excited to collaborate with Bridges.”