Martina Finetti awarded a Higher Education Academy Fellowship for research-led teaching

Dr Martina Finetti has recently been awarded a Higher Education Academy Fellowship for her commitment to professionalism in learning and teaching in higher education.  This is a great achievement and recognises the work she has put into her research-led teaching and post-graduate mentoring for Newcastle and Padua University.

Martina said of the award:

“I am pleased to receive this award at such an early stage of my career.  The recognition process helped me to reflect on my ongoing commitment to teaching with a view towards a future career as a lecturer.”

Martina is currently a Research Associate and Associate Fellow at Northern Institute for Cancer Research. She gained her Pharm.D from the University of Padua and achieved her PhD in Molecular Pediatric Oncology in 2015 at Newcastle University. Her interests include characterization of SMARCB1 dependency in Malignant Rhabdoid Tumours (MRT) and drug targets prioritisation in epigenetic driven paediatric tumours using next generation approaches.