Help needed

When I was doing the student inductions, I thought about looking for an app to help with referencing. I was lazy and went with the first one I found, MYLibrary (android) which allows you to scan barcodes of books and it then adds all the details required for your bibliography. This is useful and allows you to add comments on the texts. I am sure there are better ones out there.

For my own note taking I use Google Keep, and I write using their Docs so that I open Keep directly from within the word processor with a couple of bibliography add-ons. This means I can take pictures of quotations for later with my phone, add in thoughts when I am on the bus and so on. I know others use Evernote for the same reasons.

But I want to open this further. I am leaning Spanish by both private lessons and using the Duolingo app to reinforce vocabulary. I would really like to know if others have any specific apps they use which they find useful. Those directly to the learning of philosophy do, of course, interest me most.

I’d really appreciate if you would tell me which apps you use and which you find more useful, or what you would like to be able to do with your phones/tablets.  Please just add in below. This is so we can build and share a list of useful tools to improve the learning environment. Bear in mind these apps are supposed to facilitate thinking (like a word processor does) rather than replace it.

You can either put in a comment below or just email me directly.

David