Winning a competition or being published by a reputable publication add to your publications credit, hence we are adding a new category to our blog – competitions and other publishing opportunities for writers. This will be added once a month. Please follow the links for details.
Deadline 31st of December
- Harana Poetry – a new magazine for writers who use English as their second or parallel language; the submission guidelines can be found at https://www.haranapoetry.com/submissions
- Moth Poetry Prize 2018 – for an unpublished poem, more information at www.themothmagazine.com, entry fee 12 Euro per poem
- Levue Literaire – any genre or form on a woman and her challenges, struggles, email your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org; you can view this international multilingual literary magazine at http://www.levurelitteraire.com
- Brexit in Poetry- www.hollandparkpress.co.uk, free entry, only one poem per entry allowed.
- The Rialto Open Pamphlet – www.therialto.co.uk, entry fee £22
- WoLF Poetry Competition 2019 in association with Wolverhampton Literature Festival, Write Out Loud has organised the WoLF Poetry Competition 2019, open to poets across the globe. Competition judge is renowned West Midlands poet Roy McFarlane, whose latest book The Healing Next Time (Nine Arches Press) is a Poetry Book Society recommendation. (Roy McFarlane is a London-based student who has just graduated from the MA Writing Poetry at Newcastle).
- Mslexia – women only, deadline 7 January, https://mslexia.co.uk/competitions/
- The UK Film Festival Script Competition – email to email@example.com, guidance at www.ukfilmfestival.com, 9 January 2019
- Magma Poetry Competition – www.magmapoetry.com, 12 January