About Me

My name is Craig Johnson, and I am a second year PhD student in Politics at Newcastle University. The purpose of this blog is to give an insight into the life of postgraduate students at Newcastle. Alongside many others (see here for blogs from others students in Politics), I’ll be blogging  about my experiences and insights, and hopefully some of it might be useful to whomever chooses to visit.

A quick bit about me: I am 23, and originally from County Durham in the North East of England. My BA and MA were also in Politics at Newcastle University, and for the next 3 or so years, I’ll be here for the PhD. My research focuses on the potential for co-operation between the Labour and Liberal Democrat parties within British politics. My interests revolve around the aspects of British politics related to that. To read a more detailed description of my research, visit my University page.

I’ll blog about things related to my research, but also about things relating to my subject area and the nature of my study. Suggestions for blog posts are always welcome.

That’s it for now. Feel free to follow me on Twitter or on Academia, or check back here for future blog posts.

Email: craig.johnson1@newcastle.ac.uk