An article about the IBM PC

Here’s a piece of paper I found in a random folder of Roger’s “stuff” in his office the other day.  It’s dated 2005, you will note.  Our own original IBM PC is currently on show in the  displays created for the Great Exhibition of the North, in the atrium of the USB.

As so often, Roger has created a superb web page for this artefact, which is worth a look at http://moca.ncl.ac.uk/micros/IBM.htm    It can be seen from this entry that Roger had the thing working, and illustrates a made-in-Newcastle editing program.

This entry was posted in Uncategorised by nmoca. Bookmark the permalink.

About nmoca

Most entries in this blog from 'nmoca' will be entered by John Law (ex-member of staff of University Computing Service, and a voluntary curator of the Collection). 'nmoca' is the ID assigned to the voluntary group looking after the Roger Broughton Historical Computing Collection; there are half a dozen of us.

2 thoughts on “An article about the IBM PC

1. Hi John,

I’ve corrected those little ‘howlers’. If you spot anything else, just let me know and I’ll provide updates.

Adele

2. Thanks Adèle — in turn, I’ve removed mention of them from the article above (in case anyone wonders what we’re talking about! (A typo and a mis-naming of a colleague).)