Newcastle students – we’re recruiting student editors… apply now!
What is the NELR?
The NELR is a Newcastle University student-led and -run journal. It publishes annually a selection of high-quality legal research from Newcastle Law School and other law schools in the North East.
What will you do?
The key role of the editorial board is to prepare articles for publication. This involves standardising and improving the style, referencing and language of each piece to the quality required by a journal of professional appearance. The NELR also runs this blog, which is led by the board.
Why is this such a great opportunity?
• Helping to promote the high-quality research produced by Newcastle students.
• Engagement with high quality work will help improve your own coursework.
• Editing and preparing text for publication is a valuable skill – great for the CV.
• Developing and demonstrating teamworking skills.
• Opportunities to help develop the Review’s website and social media presence.
How do I apply?
You have to be a 2nd, 3rd or Postgrad law student at Newcastle University to qualify. Please send your CV and a brief covering letter, explaining why you wish to participate in running the NELR and what you can bring to it. Please also attach a recent essay that is all your own work. The deadline is Friday, October 6th. Applications must be sent to email@example.com.
If you want any further information, please contact either Tim Sayer, Editor in Chief, (T.J.Sayer2@ncl.ac.uk) or Jenny Lio, Deputy Editor, (J.Lio1@ncl.ac.uk).