We will be running a series of online briefings between November and January 2021 to help researchers understand the requirements of the new Wellcome Trust open access policy.
This new policy is significantly different in that from January 1, 2021 all research articles supported by Wellcome must be either:
- Published in a fully open access journal or platform, OR
- Published in a subscription journal, with the author making the accepted manuscript freely available in Europe PubMed Central from publication, OR
- Published in a subscription journal, but made open access through a transformative agreement held by the university
Authors will also be required to apply a Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) licence all their accepted manuscripts and inform the publisher of this when submitting articles to journals. This is intended to allow authors to retain rights to comply with the policy in otherwise non-compliant journals.
To find out more about the new policy and how we can support you with it, register for one of our online briefings.
- Thu Nov 19, 10.00 – 11.00
- Mon Nov 23, 14.00 – 15.00
- Wed Dec 2, 14.00 – 15.00
- Thu Dec 10, 10.00 – 11.00
- Mon Jan 11, 10.00 – 11.00