It’s that time of year again! Applications for the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Fund (EDIF) are open and will close on the 23rd of November.
The EDIF is an internal funding scheme available to all staff who’ve got an innovative idea for a project, scheme or event that helps promote the EDI agenda at Newcastle University. Up to £5,000 is available, but applications from projects requiring less are particularly encouraged.
On the run up to the deadline (23rd November 2018) we’ve been speaking to a number of staff who’ve made successful applications to the EDIF about their projects. These projects are:
- Speaking the Same Language: A Dictionary for Inclusion
– Amy Fielden and Billie Moffat-Knox
- Sweetening the Message – Ann Fitchett and Tom Smulders
- Highlighting the Under-Highlighted – Joanna Matthan and Agne Krisciunaite
- Student EDI Bursaries – Laura Delgaty
- Creating an Equality and Diversity Calendar – Laura Delgaty
So, if you’re still not sure about applying, or need some motivation to push on with your application, keep an eye on this page over the next few weeks to read all about these projects!
For more information about what kind of projects will be considered, and to access the application form, please click here.