Active Learning for All
18-19 July, Edinburgh Napier University
The call for papers is now open and contributions are welcome for the following sessions:
- Talks (20 mins (15 + 5 mins for questions))
- Snapshots (5 mins)
- Workshop (90 mins)
The theme incorporates a number of activities including:
- Team Based Learning
- Problem Based Learning
- Project Based Learning
- Playful Learning
- Simulation & Role Play Based Learning
The deadline for submissions is 10 April 2019 and you can find full information on the conference website.
The School of Pharmacy is organising a one-day workshop on active learning, open to all Newcastle University staff, on 27 June 2018.
The workshop will focus on strategies to promote active learning such as:
- team-based learning
- flipped classroom
- technology-enhanced learning.
Facilitators on the day include:
- Professor Simon Lancaster, Professor of Chemistry Education, School of Chemistry, University of East Anglia
- Steve Wheeler, Associate Professor in Information & Computing Technology, Plymouth Institute of Education, Plymouth University
- Simon Tweddell, Senior Lecturer in Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford
The event will showcase innovative and pedagogically-informed practice across undergraduate healthcare education, but will have effective practice to share across many disciplines.
Please complete this form
to indicate your attendance.
If you have any questions about the event, please contact Dr Hamde Nazar, or Prof Andy Husband.