As learning continues to move online, Microsoft introduces a collection of new (and upcoming) features in Teams. Highlights include an expanded 7×7 gallery view, breakout rooms for small group collaboration and more analytics arriving in time for the next academic year.
Several new features will be of importance to educators and students:
- Use a custom background for your video
- 7×7 gallery view for group meetings
- New Breakout Rooms to allow for smaller group discussion
- Meeting attendees increased from 250 to 300
- Meeting Lobby to prevent unwanted guests
The full list of features, with expected release dates, are detailed in the blog: 20 updates for Microsoft Teams for Education, including 7×7 video and Breakout Rooms