UCISA Digital Education Group are delivering an event on Immersive Learning Environments on the 5th December 2018.
They are encouraging proposals from anyone who has been involved in creating, designing or evaluating Immersive Learning Environments.
If you would like to submit a proposal you should complete this form https://goo.gl/forms/1KWjcqAT57I7FLfs2 by 14th September 2018.
The School of Pharmacy is organising a one-day workshop on active learning, open to all Newcastle University staff, on 27 June 2018.
The workshop will focus on strategies to promote active learning such as:
- team-based learning
- flipped classroom
- technology-enhanced learning.
Facilitators on the day include:
- Professor Simon Lancaster, Professor of Chemistry Education, School of Chemistry, University of East Anglia
- Steve Wheeler, Associate Professor in Information & Computing Technology, Plymouth Institute of Education, Plymouth University
- Simon Tweddell, Senior Lecturer in Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford
The event will showcase innovative and pedagogically-informed practice across undergraduate healthcare education, but will have effective practice to share across many disciplines.
Please complete this form
to indicate your attendance.
If you have any questions about the event, please contact Dr Hamde Nazar, or Prof Andy Husband.
4 April, 10-3.00pm in Room 2.22 the Research Beehive
You are invited to a seminar on 4 April, 10-3.00pm in the Research Beehive. The seminar will be led by Sue Robson and Alina Schartner from the Teaching and Learning in HE Research Group in ECLS, and Professor Marilia Morosini and colleagues from PUCRS
The seminar will address the following key questions:
- In an era of globalisation, how can HE institutions maximise opportunities to provide an internationalised university experience for home and international students from all socio-economic backgrounds?
- How can HE internationalisation be conceptualised in educational, social, cultural and experiential rather than economic terms?
- How can HE institutions promote a high quality, equitable and global learning experience for all students, including the non-mobile majority?
Continue reading “Event: Internationalisation of higher education: perspectives from Brazil and the UK”