There is a live discussion online as part of the Ageing Well: Falls course on FutureLearn.
The event is open to anyone – so please pass on the link to anyone you think will be interested. You can tune in live tomorrow (Friday 5 December) at 10am GMT on YouTube. Don’t worry if you miss it, you can watch the recording afterwards at the same link or, if you prefer, read the transcript.
In this live event:
- Dr James Frith, Clinical Lecturer and falls researcher
- Professor Julia Newton, Consultant Physician, Falls Specialist and falls researcher
- Dr Chris Elliott, Advanced Occupational Therapist
will answer your questions from Week 2 of Ageing Well Falls.
Thank you for your great questions on our “Known Unknowns” step on in this, the last week of our Hadrian’s Wall journey. Dr Rob Collins chaired our panel which took place this afternoon at around 3.45-4.15pm, when he posed the questions you had asked to:
- Lindsay Allason-Jones OBE, Visiting Fellow, Newcastle University
- Mike Collins, Inspector of Ancient Monuments: Hadrian’s Wall, English Heritage
- Professor Ian Haynes, Newcastle University
- Frances McIntosh, Curator of Roman Collections, English Heritage
NB: Lindsay recommends a book during the video – it’s Murus ille famosus (That Famous Wall): Depictions and Descriptions of Hadrian’s Wall Before Camden by William D Shannon.
If you prefer you can read the transcript for this discussion.