The full programme is now available.
Please note due to the high number of delegates registered to attend the conference we have moved the Strand C Presentation sessions at both 10:30 and 14:00 to The Boiler House.
We are looking forward to welcoming delegates for a range of sessions including:
- Professor Suzanne Cholerton, PVC Learning and Teaching, who will introduce the new education strategy for Newcastle University.
- Keynote presentation on Learning Gain from Dr Camille Kandiko Howson, Academic Head of Student Engagement, King’s College London.
- A range of fascinating guest speakers invited from partner higher education providers.
- A lively mix of hands on workshops, presentations, lightning talks and posters, with the opportunity to showcase your own excellent and effective teaching.
- Opportunities to network with colleagues involved in Learning and Teaching from across the institution.
You can also view abstracts from all of the presenters in this abstract booklet.
Thank you to staff for all of the high quality poster submissions for this years Learning and Teaching Conference.
Voting is now open and you can view the posters and select the three you find most inspirational for your practice on the voting webpage
The vote will remain open throughout the conference closing at 3pm on 21 March 2018. The winner will be announced by Professor Suzanne Cholerton, PVC Learning and Teaching, at the Presentation and Awards drinks reception.
Education for life: Celebrating partnership, encouraging innovation
The Boiler House
Wednesday 21 March 2018
The full draft programme is now ready.
There are a varied range of presentations, workshops, lightning talks and posters. Contributions have come from branch campuses, partners, students, professional services and all faculties. We are looking forward to welcoming everyone on the day to celebrate a partnership approach to education at Newcastle University.
Professor Chris Day, Vice-Chancellor & President, will open the event and welcome delegates. Professor Suzanne Cholerton, Pro-Vice-Chancellor Learning and Teaching will then deliver a keynote presentation outlining the new Education Strategy.
As well as a further keynote presentation about Learning Gain from Dr Camille Kandiko Howson, King’s College London, and a range of plenary sessions, you can choose from the different strands on the programme to tailor your day, whether you are interested in:
- How do we adopt and develop approaches to education which
actively engage students in their learning?
- How can we encourage an educational experience supported and enhanced by technology?
- How might we develop students as whole people, preparing them
to flourish for futures we can’t predict?
- How might a research intensive environment add value to the education of all students at all stages?
- Or a combination of them all.
If you haven’t yet registered there is still time as registration is open until 9 March 2018. You can sign up here and if you have any questions please email email@example.com