Education for life: Celebrating partnership, encouraging innovation
The Boiler House
Wednesday 21 March 2018
The full draft programme is now ready.
There are a varied range of presentations, workshops, lightning talks and posters. Contributions have come from branch campuses, partners, students, professional services and all faculties. We are looking forward to welcoming everyone on the day to celebrate a partnership approach to education at Newcastle University.
Professor Chris Day, Vice-Chancellor & President, will open the event and welcome delegates. Professor Suzanne Cholerton, Pro-Vice-Chancellor Learning and Teaching will then deliver a keynote presentation outlining the new Education Strategy.
As well as a further keynote presentation about Learning Gain from Dr Camille Kandiko Howson, King’s College London, and a range of plenary sessions, you can choose from the different strands on the programme to tailor your day, whether you are interested in:
- How do we adopt and develop approaches to education which
actively engage students in their learning?
- How can we encourage an educational experience supported and enhanced by technology?
- How might we develop students as whole people, preparing them
to flourish for futures we can’t predict?
- How might a research intensive environment add value to the education of all students at all stages?
- Or a combination of them all.