During the first run of The Enterprise Shed: Making Ideas Happen we held an Entrepreneurs Panel.
Simon Laing and Roland Glancy are entrepreneurs, so they are well placed to talk about becoming an entrepreneur and the everyday life of an entrepreneur. The challenges can come well before you even start developing your idea. During the first run of this course, we invited Simon and Roland into the Shed and explored with them how their lives have changed since becoming entrepreneurs. You can view the recording here.
The full video is 39 mins long, so you can select 2 or 3 questions from the list below that interest you most. If you click on the links they will take you to Roland and Simon’s answers in the video.
Questions posed during the session
- Roland what were you doing before you started a business and is this your first idea?
- Simon what were you doing before you started a business and is this your first idea?
- Do you think you can have a job and run your own business?
- Tell us about the tipping point that made you realise you wanted to make your idea happen?
- Tell us about how you approached business planning
- Is becoming an entrepreneur what you expected?
- What’s the single most important factor in the success of a new venture?
- What type of market research did you actually do?
- How do you start a business when you haven’t got any money?
- Roland at what point did you apply for patent protection?
- If you were starting again what would you do differently?
- When would you call it a day on a business?
- How do you keep a work life balance?