We are pleased to announce that the theme for the Learning and Teaching Conference 2019 is ‘The changing landscape of Higher Education’.
This one day event will be held on Wednesday 3 April 2019 and will explore:
- How do we deliver our vision for a Newcastle education set out in the University Vision and Strategy, in a constantly changing higher education landscape?
- How can we reflect these changes in the education experience?
- How do these changes positively impact on teaching and the student experience?
This year’s conference will explore the landscape of change under 4 key themes:
- Supporting all students to fulfil their potential: This will incorporate innovations and effective practice around equality, diversity and inclusion; international students, accessibility, student wellbeing and student voice
- Education and research: How students benefit from studying in a research-intensive environment and professional practice
- Employability and engagement: Working with students as partners, and with partners in business, industry in the public sector, to provide educational experiences that allow our students to succeed and thrive in the new world of work being created by the Fourth Industrial Revolution (including how these experiences support the social impact, both locally and globally, of the considerations of widening participation and outreach)
- Technology enhanced learning: Using digital tools now and in the future to support flipped, blended and online learning and assessment and feedback
Further details about the conference are available on the conference website and the we will continue to update this website with details of the keynote speakers and programme over the coming months.
Call for submissions
The call for submissions is now open and staff and students at all Newcastle University campuses are warmly invited to submit an abstract. The deadline for submissions is 11 January 2019 . Find out more and submit your abstract here.
All staff and students are invited to attend this inspiring event. Please book your place now. We look forward to welcoming you on the day.