The Educational Governance Team in LTDS
We are (front row left to right) Laura Johnstone, Jolein De Ridder, Janice Trewick, Jack Ennis, (left to right back row) Gilly Box, Sarah Levison, Liz Turnbull.
Some examples of the things the team lead on;
- Responding to the student voice, surveys, student representation and so on.
- Training in EvaSys for Surveys or the External Examiner system.
- Development of new programmes, Degree Apprenticeships or Educational Partnerships.
- Developing and maintaining the many policy, process, guidance documents and forms in the Quality Standards Handbook – adding to these as the University moves forward (e.g. incorporating Degree Apprenticeships).
- Support of various committees; University Education Committee, Taught Programme Sub-Committee, INTO Strategy Group and Cross-Faculty Education Committee.
- Monitoring and review processes such as Learning and Teaching Review, Annual Monitoring and Review.
- Governance structures such as Board of Studies activity or supporting your Student Staff Committees.
- Collation of key programme information such as accreditation information, management of programmes on SAP, the MOFs system and Module Catalogue.
Some random examples of things you maybe didn’t know the team did;
- We work with NUSU to deliver training to student representatives.
- We are responsible for informing the Student Loans Company which programmes we have eligible for loans, so that students can apply for their loans.
- We collate the Degree Programme Handbook template.
- We read every taught programme External Examiner report to provide a summary of these to Taught Programme Sub-Committee.
We work closely with your Faculty Learning and Teaching / Education teams as they support you in some of these areas and we work in partnership with NUSU regarding Education and Student Voice areas.
We have an external remit also ensuring we work with other institutions through various networks and key organisations such as the Quality Assurance Agency, keeping us on the right side of external requirements and sharing good practice.
We hope this has given you a window into the team’s role.
Please get in touch through firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions you think we may be able to help with.