You can now book onto one hour webinars which will cover the core functionality and exciting new features of Canvas, providing colleagues with the skills and knowledge to set up their Canvas courses ready for the 2020/21 academic year. All sessions are available to book on Elements.
You can find details of sessions below and further information and resources are available at services.ncl.ac.uk/digitallearning/canvas/colleagues/ (including answers to Canvas FAQs) and on NUConnect.
A one hour introduction suitable for all staff.
Begin your Canvas journey with this workshop which will explain how to navigate the key areas of Canvas and how to utilise Canvas to provide engaging learning materials and communicate with students.
Canvas PS session
For Professional Service colleagues who will be responsible for supporting Canvas in their academic unit.
Find out more with these webinars
You will learn about:
- How students interact with Canvas when submitting assignments.
- The Canvas Assignment tool and Turnitin Assignments and the differences between them.
- How to decide what the most appropriate option will be for the assignment(s) you are setting up.
You will learn:
- How students interact with Canvas when completing quizzes.
- How to use the powerful quizzes functionality within Canvas. You will see the wide range of question types available and the extensive feedback made possible by the Canvas Rich Content Editor.
More dates to come
We know that the demands on colleagues mean that many may not be able to engage with the training opportunities at this time. The team will be offering a comprehensive programme of webinars throughout the summer, so we hope that if you wish to participate in a webinar you will be able to do so at a time that fits with all your other commitments.
You can also find out more about the range of self help resources available on the Canvas website.
For any queries get in touch at Canvas@ncl.ac.uk