We are pleased to announce the completion of a new book “Real-world Electronic Voting: Design, Analysis and Deployment”, which is due to be published by the CRC Press. It’s still in press, but you can pre-order it from Amazon (the book will be freely available in the open-access domain two years from its publication).
This book is co-edited by Peter Ryan and myself. It aims to capture all major developments in electronic voting since 2003 in a real-world setting. It covers three broad categories: e-voting protocols, attacks reported on e-voting, and new developments on the use of e-voting.
Table of contents [PDF]
Foreword (Josh Benaloh) [PDF]
Preface (Feng Hao and Peter Ryan) [PDF]
Part 1: Setting the scheme
- Chapter 1: Software Independence Revisited (Ronald L. Rivest and Madars Virza)
- Chapter 2: Guidelines for Trialling E-voting in National Elections (Ben Goldsmith)
Part II: Real-world e-voting in national elections
- Chapter 3: Overview of Current State of E-voting World-wide (Carlos Vegas and Jordi Barrat)
- Chapter 4: Electoral Systems Used around the World (Siamak F. Shahandashti)
- Chapter 5: E-voting in Norway (Kristian Gjøsteen)
- Chapter 6: E-voting in Estonia (Dylan Clarke and Tarvi Martens)
- Chapter 7: Practical Attacks on Real-world E-voting (J. Alex Halderman)
Part III: E2E verifiable protocols and real-world applications
- Chapter 8: An Overview of End-to-End Verifiable Voting Systems (Syed Taha Ali and Judy Murray)
- Chapter 9: Theoretical Attacks on E2E Voting Systems (Peter Hyun-Jeen Lee and Siamak F. Shahandashti)
- Chapter 10: The Scantegrity Voting System and its Use in the Takoma Park Elections (Richard T. Carback, David Chaum, Jeremy Clark, Aleksander Essex, Travis Mayberry, Stefan Popoveniuc, Ronald L. Rivest, Emily Shen, Alan T.
Sherman, Poorvi L. Vora, John Wittrock, and Filip Zagórski)
- Chapter 11: Internet voting with Helios (Olivier Pereira)
- Chapter 12: Prêt à Voter – the Evolution of the Species (Peter Y A Ryan, Steve Schneider, and Vanessa Teague)
- Chapter 13: DRE-i and Self-Enforcing E-Voting (Feng Hao)
- Chapter 14: STAR-Vote: A Secure, Transparent, Auditable, and Reliable Voting System (Susan Bell, Josh Benaloh, Michael D. Byrne, Dana DeBeauvoir, Bryce Eakin, Gail Fisher, Philip Kortum, Neal McBurnett, Julian Montoya, Michelle Parker, Olivier Pereira, Philip B. Stark, Dan S. Wallach, and Michael Winn)