We spend lots of time creating digital resources, how can we build in accessibility so that they can be used by the widest group of people?
In our 3P session we explored a few ideas
- documents are best when they have text (not pictures of text), structure, and a sensible reading order.
– We explored this with a hands-on exercise looking at pdf accessibility.
- videos are much more accessible and useful when they have a transcript and subtitles.
– We had a look at how easy it is to add transcripts to YouTube.
- Images can convey information powerfully, but how can we make these useful to people with little or no sight?
– We explored the use of images in a Sway