At NUTELA (Newcastle University Technology Enhanced Learning Advocates) 3Ps workshop this week, we were learning about how to make really excellent resources for all of our students.
For this session we explored a number of ideas:
- Documents are best when they have text (not pictures of text), structure, and a sensible reading order.
– We explored this with a hands-on exercise looking at pdf accessibility.
- Videos are much more accessible and useful when they have a transcript and subtitles.
– We had a look at how easy it is to add transcripts to YouTube.
- Images can convey information powerfully, but how can we make these useful to people with little or no sight?
– We explored the use of images in a Sway.
You can read more about the sessions and learn how to make resources for all at the NUTELA blog.
For more information about NUTELA or to join our mailing list email us.