We are pleased to announce that the Library has bought access to Bloomsbury Popular Music (soon to be renamed Bloomsbury Music and Sound), following a well-received trial. This wide-ranging resource comprises:
- All twelve volumes of the landmark reference work, Bloomsbury Encyclopedia of Popular Music of the World.
- All 170 short books in the 33 1/3 series, focusing on significant LPs from a wide range of genres and eras.
- A selection of over 100 scholarly ebooks on popular music published by Bloomsbury, including biographies and historical overviews.
- Interactive features, including a pop music timeline back to 1900 and world map.
- Biographies of hundreds of artists.
- Personalisation features to help you cite, share, search and collaborate.
You can search or browse it in various ways, such as by artist, genre or location. All books included in Bloomsbury Popular Music are also individually catalogued on Library Search, and new content is added twice a year.
Watch the short trailer for an overview, and enjoy exploring, from Cab Calloway to Cabaret Voltaire and beyond!