The Library has invested in thousands of new ebooks since March, to help widen our collections and enable access for students, wherever you are based.
As well as purchasing individual titles, we have also bought several specialist collections of particular interest to arts and humanities, including the following:
- Bloomsbury collections in Education, Film and Media, Law, Linguistics and Literary Studies (535 titles in total)
- Cambridge Histories Online 2018 top-up (ten new titles)
- Manchester University Press collections in Film Studies, History of Medicine, International Relations, and Political Studies (448 titles in total)
- Oxford Handbooks Online: various collections in Classical Studies, Literature, Political Science (152 titles)
In addition, we have leased access to multidisciplinary academic collections from the following publishers:
- Cambridge University Press (around 38,000 titles)
- De Gruyter (around 37,000 titles)
- Oxford University Press (around 17,000 titles)
- Springer (around 21,000 titles)
- Taylor and Francis (around 1,220 titles)
All the new titles are individually catalogued on Library Search, or you can browse the books available to us on the publisher’s platform (make sure you are logged in with your Newcastle University username and password).