Team Update: 14 – 24 March 2016

Go Mobile programme

We’ve welcomed two Content Officers to the team to support our work on the Go Mobile programme. The whole team is involved in their induction, getting them up to speed with our systems and processes.

Meet Emily

I’ve been busy getting to grips with all the systems, processes and information I’ll need here in the CWD team. It’s only been a week and a half, but I’ve had a great time getting to know the team, what they all do, and where Andrew and I will fit in. Onwards to the next week!

Meet Andrew

I, too, have been trying to ease my feet under the table. The wonderful welcome and induction the team has delivered really has helped get Emily and I started. I’m working on the new career resources website, which is something I can really get my teeth into.

Emma C completed an audit of the Clearing website.

Linda has been finalising the go live schedule for the Alumni and Giving website.

The new site for the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering has just gone live.

Jane and Lisa handed over most sections of the Careers Website to editors last week, and are working through final sections.

Design and Technical developments

Andy has completed a set of photo audits for sites about to go through Go Mobile. He has reviewed assets in the University photo library to make sure we’ve got enough high quality images to use in the new template.

The Tech Team have been doing some housekeeping by optimising JavaScript and CSS to improve page performance.

Campaigns and other developments

Emma C worked with members of Marketing and Student Recruitment to produce an offer guide for taught postgraduate students.

Training and support

Jane and Lisa ran a fully subscribed Planning and Writing web Content session. We had attendees responsible for websites including Accommodation, the School of Biology and Online Events. Anne ran another T4 CMS Basics session, and Contribute workshop.

We’ve received 34 support requests through the NU Service Helpdesk and have resolved 16 of them.

Plans for the next few weeks

The content team are beginning to audit the next batch of sites to go through Go Mobile. We’ll also continue working alongside editors from Careers to get their new sites ready for go live.

And there’s quite a bit of holiday in the team over the school holidays. Destinations include Tennessee, New York, Palma and… Peterborough.

Share this post:
Share