The FMS TEL team have developed a short course showing how you can make Outlook work for you. If your inbox is a chore and not a help, why not take a couple of minutes to tame the beast?
The short course is available on Canvas (also available in the MLE), and comes with an accompanying 9-minute audio programme which talks you through some examples of what the tools can be used to achieve.
The course is also available for you to import into your own courses via Canvas Commons, so feel free to use it!
But I haven’t got time!
- 10 minutes – listen to the programme for food for thought, or do a quick spring clean
- 20 minutes – click through the guides and listen to the programme, try some things out
- 1 hour – give your inbox a good spring clean using our tips and guides, and implement some rules and filters to organise your incoming email
6 Steps to Spring Clean your Inbox
- Look at what you’re receiving and who and where it is coming from.
- Decide what is important or necessary, and what is less so
- Unsubscribe from unimportant or useless notifications or services. Adjust your email notification settings in Teams and Canvas to reflect what you really want to be emailed about.
- Try out categorising emails from certain people, projects or services.
- Use folders or search folders to move things out of your main inbox using rules based on email features like the sender, or categories you set.
- Review regularly and change your system to suit what fits your needs – if a folder or rule no longer serves you, change or delete it.