Some group tasks are easier to complete using Word/Excel/PowerPoint. The easiest way I have found to share the files with students is to create a folder in SharePoint and provide a link to the folder in Canvas.
At the end of the academic year, I find its best practice to upload the completed documents and remove the link to SharePoint.
- Files are not lost, should a member of staff leave the University
- The SharePoint files can be rolled back to a previous version and reused
- The link in the original task can be used year after year
- Files can no longer be edited by past students
- Can be time consuming if you have a lot of group activity files to upload